JOB OPPORTUNITY: CREDIT OFFICER-COMMUNITY BANKING (CENTRAL REGION)
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading MicroFinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 34 networked branches and 7 contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003. Pride is looking for young, dynamic, energetic individuals to fill the position of Credit Officer-Community Banking (Central Region). The Credit Officer-Community Banking will be reporting to the Credit Supervisor & will be responsible for mobilization and sensitization of communities about Pride's financial services; conducting regular meetings with clients in the communities in regard to credit & financial education and management of the meeting place.Specific responsibilities:
1.Marketing the group/community lending product.
2.Client mobilization, sensitization & training.
4.Follow-up & recovery of loans.
5.Promptly posting all transactions made in a day
6.Ensuring proper filing of all Group/community lending documentation.
7.Contribute positively to branch performance by continuously achieving all set targets.
8.Any other duties as directed from time to time.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Commerce,Economics, Microfinance, Development Economics, and Development studies, Business Studies, Accounting and Finance, Marketing, International Business, Financial Services, Business Computing, Business Statistics, Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management, Social Sciences, SWASA, Education, Procurement & Chain Supply Management,Procurement & Logistics Management, Human Resource Management,Industrial & Organization Psychology, Project Planning and Management, Entrepreneurship and Project Planning, Public Administration and Management, Sales and Marketing Management, B. Agriculture & Rural Innovations, Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural Extension, Engineering, or in any other relevant / related field.
•Candidates should possess 2 principle passes at A' Level
•Passes in English and Mathematics at O' Level.
• Must be able to ride a motorcycle, and should possess a valid riding permit /or to be presented at the time of appointment.
• Should be fluent in the commonly used local language within Central Uganda specifically Luganda.
• Should be willing to work in any part of the country.
• Should be computer literate, highly motivated, innovative & a self starter.
• Should have excellent presentation, interpersonal & communication skills.
• Should possess leadership skills.
• Should be honest, trustworthy & have a high degree of integrity
• He/she should not be more than 35 years of age.
• Seasoned and experienced teachers are encouraged to apply
Application procedure: Interested candidates should forward their applications to the HEAD HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, at the above address, not later than FEBRUARY 12TH 2018; with a detailed curriculum vitae, letters of recommendation from 3 referees, copies of academic transcripts, postal address and a day time telephone contact. All applicants are advised to deal directly with Pride, and canvassing is strictly not allowed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.