As a responsible corporate citizen that puts the well being of its customers and communities at the centre of its operations, Pride supported a number of CSR causes in 2013. Apart from the Scholarship Scheme highlighted earlier, other key activities supported include the following;
- The fundraising dinner for Nabagereka Development Foundation (NDF). The fundraising was for the immunization and maternal health programs championed by the Nabagereka in Buganda Kingdom.
- Providing support to individuals for operation and treatment of various ailments including cancer, brain tumor and installation of prosthetic arms.
- Donating jerricans and washing soap to Kasese flood victims through the Red Cross Society, Kasese district office.
- Feeding program covering 4 months for Rahab Uganda, an NGO that focuses on rehabilitating sexually abused girls.
- Feeding program covering 3 months for orphans of Yesu Natamba Primary School based in Rukungiri district.
- Contribution to the 2nd Annual Rotary Cancer Run organized by Rotary International.
- Providing support to Isaiah Katumwa’s Jazz concert aimed at building a Well at Kakunyu School for Children with Special Needs in Masaka district.
- Completion of the Presbytery (Father’s House) at Kanyanya Catholic Parish.
Support to Joy Elderly Care Uganda through purchase of mattresses for the elderly under their project dubbed ‘Mattress Project’.
- Financial Literacy workshops and mobilization activities for Uganda Tailors Association.
- Organization of the Big Birding Day by Nature Uganda aimed at protecting birds and their habitat.
- The 2013 MTN Marathon, with the aim of providing safe water to the people of Karamoja.
- National Prayer Breakfast organized by the Uganda Parliamentary Association.
Annual mass wedding for Seguku Worship Centre Church to enable cohabitating couples legalise their marriages.
- Contribution towards church construction at Christ the King parish- Rukungiri
Support to Disabled Women Designers Organization (based in Rubaga Division, Kampala) towards a fundraising event to put up a permanent business centre.It is our pledge to continue extending support to activities that improve the welfare of the community in line with Pride’s CSR policy.