Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 33 networked branches countrywide and 7 contact offices; regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003. Pride is an equal opportunity employer looking for a Competent and experienced individual to fill the position of of Research & Product Development Officer to be based at our Head Office.
The Research and Product Development Officer will be reporting directly to the Research and Product Development Manager (MRPD) and will contribute to the efforts of MRPD in conducting research activities Product Development and maintaining research capability to support business planning, development and marketing efforts of Pride.
- Develop new Products and Review existing products in support of Pride Business.
- Participate in the writing of proposals to donors so as to secure extra funding for Pride to support its different business initiatives.
- Conduct feasibility studies and produce business case reports to inform the decisions of opening new Operation locations in line with both the institution’s operations and business plan.
- Carry out market research and intelligence on current and new innovations in the banking industry and generate reports, in line with the department’s work plan.
- Liaise with branch management to conduct follow up activities regarding the performance of the institutions products/services and prepare quarterly reports.
- Co-ordinate responses to external and internal research inquiries from colleagues, government departments and agencies as well as the general public and submit periodic reports to the regulator and key stakeholders.
- Participate in the management of Pride’s social media platforms to generate business leads that will enhance the institution’s business performance.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the MRPD.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
He/She should posses a bachelor’s degree from a reputable Institution with good grades in Commerce, Business Administration, Arts, Economics, Business Studies, Statistics, Social Sciences, or in any other relevant field.
Experience & Person Specifications:
At least 1 year’s hands-on experience and proven skills in marketing research.
Should have a high degree of integrity, excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and must be able to meet set deadlines. He/she should not be more than 30 years of age.
Desired skills and Competencies:
The ideal candidate should have Good analytical skills, business acumen, good public relations, good at Multi-tasking, good at time management, with excellent written and oral communication, good goal setting and quality control, She /he should also be computer literate, , good at change management, emotional intelligence and advocacy.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, then apply immediately and send a detailed CV, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, postal address, current salary, salary expectation, names of 3 referees and a daytime telephone contact to the Head Human Capital Management, using the address below so as to reach not later than July 19, 2017.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. If you do not hear from us by October 2017; please consider yourself unsuccessful.