OUTSTANDING CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 33 networked branches countrywide and 7 contact offices; regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003. Pride is an equal opportunity employer looking for mature and experienced individual to fill the position of Procurement Officer.
The Procurement Officer will be based in Kampala and will report directly to the Procurement Manager. He / She will participate in all activities of the Procurement & Disposal Unit, and will assist in coordinating all the Company’s procurement and disposal activities in line with Pride’s internal policies as well as the PPDA Act and Regulations.
Specific Responsibilities include:-
- Guide end users on all individual procurement and disposal methods and practices;
- Liaise with staff and compile all procurement requirements for the Company;
- Ensure preparation of solicitation documents for procurements and disposal;
- Participate in evaluation of bids
- Participate in preparing, issuing and monitoring of approved contracts;
- Guide the suppliers on procurement procedures;
- Verify documentation relating to procurement and organize the same for easy use by all interested parties;
- Verify deliveries against orders to confirm rightful quantities, quality and price.
- Verify documentations for completeness before payments are made.
- Liaise with Finance department to ensure prompt payment for delivered goods and services
- Liaise with and maintain good relationships with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods and services;
- Assist in prepare periodic procurement and disposal reports to management and PPDA Authority;
- Any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
He / She should possess at least an Honours Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or in any other relevant related field / Purchasing and Supplies Management, Business Administration/Commerce (Procurement and Supplies option) from a recognized institution.
- Member to CIPS is a requirement.
- 2 Principal passes at A’ Level.
- Credits in Maths and English at O’level.
- Should have at least two years working experience in procurement office or related environment.
Ideals candidate should be knowledgeable in Public procurement and PPDA regulations. He/she should have at least two years working experience in procurement preferably in a reputable financial institution.
The ideal candidate should be organized, with well developed interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrable ability to lead a team. He / She should be between 25 – 30 years of age.
Desired Competencies / skills.
Ideals candidate should also have emotional intelligence, excellent Reporting, Oral and Written Communication skills, good inter personal skills, business acumen, customer awareness, Computer knowledge and problem solving skills,
Desired behaviors include confidentiality, Self-drive, Integrity, proactiveness, compliance to policies, discipline, diligence and efficiency
If you believe you meet our requirements, have the necessary skills and experience, you desire to succeed and make a difference, then apply and send a detailed CV, your current salary, copies of academic and professional certificates / transcript, postal address, names of 3 referees and a daytime telephone contact to the HEAD HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, using the address below so as to reach not later than JANUARY 20TH, 2017.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.