As a responsible corporate citizen that puts the well being of its customers and communities at the centre of its operations, Pride supported a number of CSR causes in 2016. Key activities supported included the following;
- Pride supported the education of under privileged students. This scheme supported 17 students from the Eastern, Northern and Western regions of the country.
- Financial Contribution to the Graca Machel Vocational Training Institute.
This contribution went towards the organisation of the institution’s graduation ceremony.
- Financial contribution to Uganda Rural Elderly support. This contribution went towards the procurement of mattresses for the elderly people to help them live more comfortable lives.
- Financial Contribution to Ruth Lutalo. Ruth Lutalo is a cancer patient and this financial contribution was made by Pride to help her cater for her outstanding medical bills.
- Cleaning of Arua market and painting of the toilets. The activity improved hygiene conditions in Arua market and left a mark on the toilets that were painted by Pride.
- Donated a 3,000 litre water tank to Lovely Tots Kindergarten Busega, Nateete. This helped improve the school’s access to clean and safe water.
- Donation of mama kits to expectant mothers at Kasese Municipal council clinic. The donation of 45 mama kits was made to expectant mothers at the clinic.
- Donation of items to Ntinda school of the deaf. The donation went towards buying items like rice, posho, disposable plates and snacks for the pupils at the school.
- Donation of cement to Nkozi hospital. Pride donated 30 bags of cement to Nkozi referral hospital in Masaka. This contribution was made towards the hospital’s plans to establish an accident and emergency unit.
- Donation of items to Nyakasanga mosque in Kasese. Paint and painting materials were donated to Nyakasanga mosque in Kasese in support of its beautification.
- Supporting of 20 orphans at Kakunyu community project in Mende sub-county.
- Donation of bags of cement towards the construction of Kabaale St. Paul Church, Abaita Ababiri.
- The 2016 MTN Marathon, with the aim of contributing to the ‘Water and Sanitation project’ for public schools by the Kampala City Council Authority (KCCA).
- Donation of a water tank to Bushenyi Primary school; Center for the disabled in a bid to improve the livelihood of the children at the center for the disabled.
- Reconstruction of the administration block roof at Iceme girls’ school in Lira after it was taken down by heavy rains.
- Provision of relief aid in terms of food items to 25 families affected by a mysterious fire in Jacinto cell. Pride donated posho, beans, soap and salt to 25 families affected by a mysterious fire in Jacinto cell, Arua.
It is our pledge to continue extending support to activities that improve the welfare of the community in line with Pride’s CSR policy.